When constructing a property, it’s important to hire the best general contractor for the task. You want your building to be successfully built. However, once your construction is complete, the project isn’t finished, per se. Sure, the building is finished being constructed, but for a building to stay in good shape for many years to come, it must be properly maintained.
After a building project is complete, the building requires preventative and responsive facilities maintenance. Through proper and regular maintenance, the property will stay up and running and have less downtime.
Managing a building and keeping up with the maintenance can be a lot of work – much of this job requires skills and knowledge that you, the building owner, just don’t possess. That being the case, it’s a smart decision to hire a company to do the facilities management for you.
At Hurd Construction Management, we don’t just build buildings, we continue working with our clients and offer facilities management services. Through these services, we provide ongoing upkeep of the property including servicing, repairs, and/or replacement of equipment. Our company is intimately familiar with routine and restorative maintenance measures to reduce building degradation and preventative failures.
For this article, we wanted to share with you the benefits of hiring a company to perform facilities maintenance services on your building throughout the year.
Reasons You Should Get Your Building Maintained by A Facilities Maintenance Company
- When you hire an outside facilities maintenance company, you don’t have to worry about training, HR services, and other employee responsibilities and planning.
- This company’s sole purpose is to improve your building, which means it will give you good results.
- This company will update your building to the newest codes and technological advances, so your building will never be outdated, and you could make it an easy sell if need be.
- A well-maintained building/work space leads to a better working environment. People are more motivated to work, which means more business is happening.
- A well-maintained building will attract more business. Clients are impressed when they see a beautiful property.
- Your building will always be clean and tidy.
- Your operations will be running smoothly, because things breaking down or not working will not occur very often. If things break, they will get taken care of immediately.
- The company will help decrease the numbers of times repair work or the buying of new items will have to take place.
- The company will help keep the building safe by keeping it properly maintained.
- You can focus on and spend more time running your business or owning properties while the facilities management company is focused on keeping your building in tip-top shape.
Hire a Facilities Maintenance Company in Jacksonville or Orlando
As you can see, there’s a lot of benefits to hiring a facilities maintenance company, including the fact that you will have peace of mind knowing someone with expertise is caring for your building around the clock.
At Hurd Construction Management, we don’t just provide maintenance with our facility management, we offer housekeeping, energy management, landscaping management, and more. Our team has over 75 years of combined experience. We are prepared to support and care for your building after its finished being built.
If you’re looking to hire a facilities management company, our team at Hurd can handle the job. We can also build your building and continue to care for it once the construction is done.
At Hurd, we provide building and contracting services and facilities management services for building owners and managers, businesses, investors, tenants and organizations across industrial, commercial, retail, and education markets. We have locations in Jacksonville and Orlando, Florida.